Wednesday, November 28

Puzzle Contest

All of my posts are signed MadPuzzler, and I’ve decided that if I’m to have any credibility it’s about time I provided a puzzle. In order to encourage anyone who might actually be reading, I’m providing a small prize. Whoever first solves the puzzle and emails me with the answer will have a new, un-punched version of the game Hollywood Blockbuster shipped to them via the least expensive shipping method available (it likely won’t make it in time for the winter holiday of your choice, so don’t plan on that).

The puzzle hearkens back to some of my treasure-hunting challenges, but is a bit more involved since I expect you to have plenty of time and on-line resources at your disposal. Figure out what the message says and proceed from there. If no one has solved it in two months, I’ll replace it with something easier, but I don’t expect that to be the case. If someone does solve it, it’s likely that I’ll eventually post something more difficult.

Here is the puzzle, which is a prime example of an elementary cipher. Make of that what you will.

NaNbHeVRbNbNaLuKVHoHeTc

HoBiNaPmHeLuCuNbIRbTaNbNb

NaPmHeLuHeAgRbNAgLuBAgNb

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sent my answer at 6:22 eastern on December 17. Hope I was first, and hope you ship to Canada. :)

MadPuzzler said...

Sorry, it's already been solved and the game mailed to the winner. Nice job on the solve though. There will be a new puzzle posted on January 1st with the boardgame Ra as a prize.