Tuesday, January 8

New Year’s gaming resolutions

So far this year I’ve played 14 boardgames.* That’s a much faster rate than is typical for me and bodes well for plenty of gaming goodness in 2008. I want to make sure I keep up that trend and so keeping up with tradition, I’m making some 2008 gaming resolutions.

1. Play the equivalent of a game a day: I’ve got a head start, so maybe I can actually get 366 (it’s a leap year) games in this year. I’m certainly going to try. I'll track my progress on this blog.

2. Finish a game prototype and get it polished enough to submit it to a publisher. I have plenty of game ideas. I even prototype some of them and bug my friends to play them. This year I resolve to keep my attention on one for long enough to make something out of it.

3. Post at least three blog entries a week. ‘Nuff said.

Just before the year started, I also played a couple of games of Ra. This brings my count up to five, which I think is enough to write a reasonable review. I’ll be posting it within the next couple of days.

* Games played: Bohnanza, Fearsome Floors, True Colors, Quoridor, 99 (card game), Pirate’s Cove, Vegas Showdown, Pitchcar, Fairy Tale, Zooloretto (x2), Phoenicia (x2), Buy Low Sell High

1 comment:

MadPuzzler said...

I just realized I failed to count San Juan which I played as a quick closer on Saturday. That's 15.